Dot Detectives provides over 50 daily lessons to use with your students. These lessons meet the Common Core Standards for Math. Each of the documents I have included for today, provides a lesson plan for teachers to introduce and follow-up on these mental math skills. Additional resources including supporting website resources and activities links are at the end of each of these documents.
Common Core Standards for Math
1. Make sense of problems and persevere to solve them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Next week I will add the next set of lessons using the Rekenrek (Math Rack) to help children build their visual and mental math skills. Feel free to request more information or send questions. I would be happy to respond. For anyone who is unable to open Smart Board documents, I will be creating these in power point as soon as I have completed the Smart Board Lessons.